The Book Thief - Markus Zusak I have had this book for some time now. But not being a huge fan of YA, I was reluctant to pick it up. Wow, what a wonderful treasure of a book.

A lot of people feel that the writing style was distracting and disjointed, and I can understand why. At first it felt that way. But after a few pages you’ll pick up the rhythm of the writing, and it will truly lure you in.

Set in Germany during World War II the story is narrated by Death (most ingenious). Death, during this very busy time can’t help himself from being fascinated with one particular human - Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief). Through his narration you become to care about the characters. Sometimes you love them, other times you may hate them. But either way the narration will draw you in as you watch the characters try to keep their humanity during war time.

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m a huge fan of fluff. Love the fun, quick easy read. But every once in a while, literary or not, you’ll read a book that will always linger after your next books. Always remaining a part of you – this is one of those books.